Health Library Explorer
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z A-Z Listings Contact Us
Pediatric Health Library
Translate
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Topic IndexLibrary Index
Click a letter to see a list of conditions beginning with that letter.
Click 'Topic Index' to return to the index for the current topic.
Click 'Library Index' to return to the listing of all topics.

Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Having a headache.

  • Feeling tired.

  • Feeling shortness of breath.

  • Having nausea.

  • Feeling dizzy.

  • Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.

If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.

Online Medical Reviewer: Louise Akin, RN, BSN
Online Medical Reviewer: Daphne Pierce-Smith, RN, MSN, FNP, CCRC
Date Last Reviewed: 3/20/2014
Copyright ©2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Powered By Krames StayWell
Copyright © Krames StayWell except where otherwise noted.
About Us
  • Follow Us On:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Health Hub
  • Pinterest
  • Google+
  • YouTube
  • RSS
  •  
  • Bookmark and Share
© Brigham and Women's Hospital | 75 Francis Street, Boston MA 02115 | 617-732-5500